Monday, July 4

I Am Not American

Ok, even though I am partly American (as well as French, Irish, British, Scotish, Metis, and Canadian), I have one niece and two nephews who are half American, I have lived in the US and I have many friends who are American, I thought for July 4th I would share with my 9 readers the incredibly intelligent humour of The Arrogant Worms.  The first time I went to their concert I laughed so much and so hard that the next day my stomach muscles hurt.  Yes, that funny!

Even though this is all in good fun and I don't really want to hang out with penguins, don't want to be called Antarcticans or Northern North Americans, it does bother me with the United States (or the States) is called 'America'.  The rest of us are here and we do need to be acknowledged in the language that is used in casual conversations and in the media (George Strombo makes this error consistently and often in his show).  Either way, enjoy this video and check out a Canadian band whose joy in life is to mock Canadians and others, The Arrogant Worms.




If you have a chance, listen or watch these as well.  Arrogant Worm classics and the ones you sing along to during concerts:

The Last Saskatchewan Pirate

Rocks and Trees (using Japanese Anime)

I Am Cow

Celine Dion (click on the Celine Dion song on the right)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Tonia. Again you are so much fun.

    I love the phrase NorthernNorthAmerican, even if I am a regular American as well.

    :-)

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. You trapped me Tonia. I love the songs this blog points to. "Ontario Sucks" by the Arrogant Worms really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! It is a really hilarious song. The province we all pick on along with Saskatchewan and Newfoundland. Always making fun of something I suppose. Thanks for you comments Arta!

    ReplyDelete