Monday, May 23

Adele Bragging Rights

I am usually what is called a mid to late adopter, meaning that when something is a new, a piece of technology, a new band, or a new fashion, I am towards the middle to latter portion of the majority of people who begin including it in my life.  Perhaps the skeptic in me takes over or I just don't like being like everyone else and adopt it after the 'coolness' factor has decreased.  On occasion there is an exception.

Adele.  She was an exception.  Having already told you about her and her incredible voice and music, the other day I looked through some old photos and found these.

Adele on stage in Somerset House, London, 2008
I was there!  When she toured her first CD '19' in London, her hometown.  The 'cherry on the top' experience was her singing her song about her hometown while I stood in it listening: "Hometown Glory".  The song is about London and I was newly exploring the city myself.  Her political voice softly sharing the voices of disobedience.

"I like it in the city when two worlds collide.
We get the people and the government
Everybody taking different sides
Shows that we ain't gonna stand
Shows that we are united
Shows that we ain't gonna take it." 

Not only did I have the chance to see, but it was a live concert, outside in the courtyard of Somerset House where we enjoy a glorious sunset within stunning architecture.

View off to my right during the concert.
She had Bryn Christopher open for her, whose songs had just been played in the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.

Bryn Christopher belting it out.

Experiences, coincidences and ideas coming full circle.  
Life teaching me to keep myself open.  
Less late adopting.  
Be more open to the new.

No comments:

Post a Comment