Monday, April 1

Born to Run


Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never SeenBorn to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Running is not something that I like doing unless I have a basketball, am running bases, or playing some sort of sport.  Having started running in the Running Room clinics a friend lent me this read.  After devouring this interesting novel about a tribe of people who run as their more used form of transportation, the Tarahumara, several well known American runners organize a race down in the Copper Canyons of Mexico.  A fantastic read that will make you think you too can run for miles and miles.  While I continue to plod along, I shall allow this read to motivate me as I learn to run for the sake of my body and its abilities.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you remember this Tonia, but Greg worked out one year and ran and ran. Then at the lake he ran from Salmon Arm back to the cabin. He gave up running because it was too hard on his knees. I, like you, would rather run after a ball than just run. Thinking about you working hard on your thesis. Love, Wyona

    ReplyDelete