Sunday, February 19

The Tao of Travel


The Tao of Travel: Enlightenments from Lives on the RoadThe Tao of Travel: Enlightenments from Lives on the Road by Paul Theroux
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Just picked this up in the library and it is a GoodReads book of 2011.  Very cool!  I shall keep you abreast of my opinion.


My assessment of very cool turned into a disappointment that this is a book of quotes and quick verses on travel writing.  Had I not taken it out of the library I believe I would have enjoyed it more.  This is a book that you can pick up, open to a random page, then read quotes and snippets until you are ready to do something else.  As this was a 'return in three weeks' book, it did not suite my current reading requirements.  Perhaps with a personal copy, or a time when I need short bits of inspiration, but not right now.  I might like this book more another day.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tonia,
    A friend gave me a book like this last year. Inspirational quotes. A complete bust for me. I get my best inspiration by having a good night's rest.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need short and long bits of escape, not inspiration. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete