Thursday, February 2

Falling Backwards


Falling BackwardsFalling Backwards by Jann Arden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So far Jann is providing the reader with very detailed accounts of her childhood.  I am not sure she is going to make it into the singing career part of her life at this rate as I keep looking at the thickness of the book.  I shall keep you updated.


I have been a fan of Jann Arden's music since the release of her first CD in the early 1990's.  Her music has always helped me process life experiences, realize that life is complicated, and that we all hope to have relationships with people we can rely on.  After receiving this book for Christmas, I devoured it.  As stated above, most of the stories in her book range from childhood to the beginning of her music career and do not extend beyond.  While Jann is open about many funny, personal, serious, hard, interesting and joyful experiences, it appears she still retains private information about other aspects of her life.  It was a great read and would recommend it to fans and strangers alike.


View all my reviews

Jann's Website:  http://jannarden.com/

1 comment:

  1. I like Jann Arden as well. I taped a CBC special one day and on it she sang and talked about her early life in southern Alberta as well. I know you like to go to her concerts, Tonia. I am happy that TV can deliver another way for me to enjoy her music.


    Arta

    ReplyDelete