Wednesday, June 29

To Timbuktu for a Haircut


To Timbuktu for a Haircut: A Journey Through West AfricaTo Timbuktu for a Haircut: A Journey Through West Africa by Rick Antonson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An amazing book about a well-known travel writer who has always to go to Timbuktu for a haircut (inspiration from his dad).  With time to spare in his life between projects, his spouse suggests he finally takes the trip and he departs.  Full of historical information, stories of ancient European travellers, and the sites and sounds of his long over land travels I was transported through places I will likely never see.  I wish he would have spent a little more time describing several locations into which he ventured but the read was incredibly interesting, educational and enlightening.  Along the way he met a variety of people who will remind each of us of several people we may know.  Wonderful read!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment