Monday, October 4

Lynne Truss & The Oatmeal

When I was introduced to this book, the English that I spoke and wrote became set of rules that I understood for the first time, rather than a pensive 'mmm....that looks like the correct grammar and it sounds right too.  Must be right."  Being the visual and auditory person that I am, grammar and spelling always made sense through my senses, not because I understood or memorized rules.  It has helped me improve my writing and will continue to do so.  

(Photo taken from www.lynnetruss.com)

(A good dose of being a French as a Second Language student while living in Belgium as a child also helped.  Those Belgians teach French using grammar rules and you need to know them to speak a foreign tongue.)

Today, while looking for the proper use of the semi-colon online,  I found another grammar resource and information site that has made me laugh so hard there are tears in the corner of my eyes.  It is a hilarious cacophony of art, lessons, sayings, information and general wonderfulness, and I thought I would share it with you.  A 'one man website' that will teach you about proper word usage, parasitic worms, the slinky, all with original artwork and imaginative writing.  Check it out!



  (Art work borrowed for the purposes of unfunded promotion, from www.theoatmeal.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment