Friday, July 2

Another Voyage: Made My Choice

So this is how it's goin' down:

I tried to find the older commercial where this man has saved up his Air Miles, hops on a plane and begins talking the the two business men around him about his excitement in finally getting on a plane destined for Hawaii.  One of the men, who is focused on his laptop states, 'Hawaii?  We're not going to Hawaii.  We're going to Winnipeg."  "Winnipeg?"  says the happy traveler as his face falls from a grin of glee to a frown of sorrow.  "Goin' to Winnipeg..."  he repeats with derailed enthusiasm.

Well, I am giving up the sun, heat, sand, mosques, souks, cheap travel and cotton clothes of Abu Dhabi and heading to Winnipeg.  There I shall find cold, large mosquitoes, flat earth, hard work, festivals, intellectual stimulation, new places to visit, new people to meet and eventually a piece of paper that will say, 'Tonia graduate with a Master's of Arts in Recreation Management'.  I have been repeating over and over again in my head, "I'm goin' to Winnipeg..." and it sounds good to me.  So...

I'M GOIN' TO WINNIPEG!!!

Now for the advice?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I've never been to Winnipeg. Yet. Um, how did you get into a program so darned fast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started applying in February but kept a lid on it. Money, a chance to TA, higher education, and the general new place to see were the deciding factors. Come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete